LOOOOOONG Travel Day
Moldy Donut Kind of Day
Thursday June 9
We said goodbye to CA on our way to Hawaii, but it was a long day. We drove from Tehachapi, to San Jose, a 6 hour flight to Lihue, a 20 minute flight to Honolulu, and finally a 20 minute Lyft ride to our AirBnB. I had a mom moment this morning that I thought would go over better than it did. I bought donut holes for our 4 hour trip to San Jose because I thought that would be a fun travel breakfast for the kids, but after the kids ate a few we realized all the chocolate ones were moldy! 🤢 That was the beginning of a long, awkward day. I’m tired and can barely form sentences, but we arrived safely and we’re excited to explore Waikiki Beach tomorrow!
Here’s my list of both the frustrating and the good…
Frustrating things today...
• Moldy donuts
• Waiting at TSA for a while for someone to clear the little ones bags
• Waiting on the plane for an hour due to a windshield maintenance issue on top of a six hour flight
• Annabelle asking me the same questions over and over again and not listening to my answers
• Annabelle refused to try to use the bathroom when we’re IN the bathroom, then loudly yells “I have to POOP” while were waiting at our gate
• Liam kept touching the iPad when I put on a movie for him and I constantly had to keep fixing it for him
• The fact that I was so annoyed today, but all things considered it wasn’t that awful of a day...just long
Good things today...
• A kind man gave up his seat at the gate waiting area when he saw he pushing the stroller with the two little ones. He said he had 4 kids and he remembered what it was like.
• An airport agent came to check the stroller rather than me going to her at the desk because she saw I had my hands full.
• Annabelle making friends with two Stanford girls...she colored pictures for them and talked (very loudly) about birthday parties, her school, and her friends
• Liam took a nap (briefly) in Dave’s lap
• I finished a book (Find Me by Alafair Burke)
• Actually getting drinks and snacks on Southwest
• Caleb letting me rub his head (I’m glad he’s not too old or too cool for that)
• On the plane Annabelle kept talking about flying through the “cloud forests”
• The sun glittering on the water as we flew into Honolulu
• Walking out of the airport as the sun was setting


Comments
Post a Comment