Road Trip Reads

 Books I’ve Read This Trip 

May 22-July 

I love to read. I read “real” paper books, books on my kindle, and I enjoy listening to audio books. I welcome any recommendations and just wanted to share what I’ve been reading/listening to on this trip so far. 

 
Run Rose, Run by Dolly Parton and James Patterson 
Loved this on audio-Dolly Parton and Kelsey Ballerini narrate. 
4.5 ⭐️


The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz 
This book has such a great premise and was very interesting, but I was so disappointed in the ending. 
3.5 ⭐️


The Bright Side Running Club by Josie Lloyd 
Loved this story of friendship, grief, and overcoming. 
5 ⭐️

Find Me by Alafair Burke 
A mystery/thriller that I couldn’t put down. Not sold on the ending, but great up until that point. 
3.5 ⭐️

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner 
Enjoyable audio listen-narrated by Richard Armitage 
4 ⭐️

The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn 
Listened to this on audio and it is a fascinating story of the Russian sniper known as “Lady Death” in WWII. Kate Quinn writes wonderful historical fiction. 
5 ⭐️


A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza
I loved this story of an Indian family in California. Parts of it were sweet and tender, other parts were sad, but I’m really glad I read it. 
5 ⭐️

The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley 
Engaging and sometimes creepy mystery/thriller. This definitely exposed a darker side to Paris. I enjoyed all the twists and turns and the multiple voices that read this on the audio version. 
4.5 ⭐️

 










Comments

  1. Where the Crawdads Sing. I haven’t read yet but numerous people told me it is a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment