Will Walk for Ice Cream

 Great Northern Carousel 

Thursday June 23

The Great Northern Carousel is a beautiful (I know, I need to find another adjective) carousel in historic downtown Helena. It has hand carved animals that are Montana themed…a bear, otter, mountain lion, buffalo and fish along with a dinosaur and horses. As you ride, there’s a game you can play. You try to grab a ring and toss it into a clown basket. I was too busy holding onto Liam, but Dave and Caleb caught a couple rings. After the carousel we walked to the Helena walking mall. We passed a group of kids passing out free lemonade. They were so cute. Then we stopped at The Big Dipper for ice cream. They had some unique flavors. Annabelle and I shared chocolate and huckleberry. Apparently huckleberry is a popular flavor around here and it was delicious! Now that we had our dessert it was time for lunch. We ate at a sushi and ramen restaurant. The boys love ramen and I was proud of all the kids trying edamame. This afternoon Liam had a nap, the bigger kids had a rest time, then dinner, playing outside, baths and watching Obi-Wan as a family. All this travel and seeing new things is such a wonderful adventure, but it’s restful and comforting to do some regular routine things as well. 

Great Northern Carousel 

Liam was very opinionated about what he wanted to ride on. He cried on the mountain lion and the frog, but sat happily on this brown horse. 

Mostly happy 

Annabelle found the mermaid horse! 

Buffalo on the carousel 

Caleb trying to grab the ring 

Cute lemonade stand

Found a bear (kind of) on our walk 

Fun penny game at the entrance of a kids science museum 



Last Chance Gulch 

We made it to The Big Dipper 

Chocolate and huckleberry…it’s almost as big as she is! 

Caleb loved his lemon sorbet 

So many flavors to choose from! 

Ramen for lunch in downtown Helena 

Fire tower sushi…salmon, avocado, jalapeño with sriracha 

So silly 

No more kids meals for these guys. They now share a meal from the adult menu. 

Playing corn hole after dinner. Caleb has skills! I’m glad I was on his team. 
















Comments