Rest and Relaxation
Eating and Walking our way through Waikiki Beach
Sunday June 12
This morning I attended a beach front yoga class. It was such a nice way to start the day. The class was at a park right in view of the beach under a shady tree. I felt so refreshed and energized afterwards. I also met a friendly young woman from London who was also doing a crazy trip this summer, except hers is a 3 month long one! It was nice to chat with her. And she said her father lives near Bury St. Edmunds, which is where we lived when we were stationed in England! Small world.
A plumeria tree I saw on my walk to class
Beach volleyball
My yoga “mat” and view
I love these trees that look like they’re melting
View while laying on my yoga mat
Surfing sculpture
Surfboard walkway
While I was at my yoga class, Dave and the kiddos went to the pool again. In the afternoon we got Hawaiian gelato. I was impressed with Caleb trying and liking dragonfruit. Annabelle and I shared strawberry lemonade and raspberry gelato. We had been promising ice cream, but every time we walked by this particular shop was closed. We were glad to finally find it open!
Someone we met recommended we ate at Hula Grill for dinner and we were not disappointed. It had a view of the water and yummy fish tacos. We also tried Hula Pie for dessert which was fantastic. It’s macadamia nut ice cream on a chocolate cookie crust topped with macadamia nuts, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. We licked the plate clean!
Hula Pie (thanks to Annabelle’s teacher for telling us about it)
Hula Grill
Fish tacos for Dave, tempura shrimp tacos for me, and fish and chips for the boys
Gorgeous view of the beach on our walk home from dinner
We happened upon a small park on our way home and it was pretty to walk through. I loved the big trees and the flowered arch ways.
The kids all picked out souvenirs. Caleb got a key chain to put on his backpack. He’s excited to go to school and show his friends that he went to Hawaii this summer. Annabelle chose a luau mermaid she named Sparkles. Josh choose a British WWII plane. It was fun to shop with them and see what each of them wanted to get to remember this trip.
Goodbye Waikiki Beach! Tomorrow we leave our AirBnB and head north to visit our friends stationed at the Marine base here. I’m so grateful for our church family and military family that gives us connections around the world!



















I love your description of the trees that look like they’re melting. Those are some of my favorite trees, too! Beauty surrounds!
ReplyDelete